What to expect
What you can expect in this course
This course will give you everything you need to find a meditation technique that works for you and develop a lifelong meditation practice. This course is called introduction to meditation but gives you the opportunity to take a technique into deeper practice and study. During this course we will look at how the yoga texts define meditation and learn a variety of meditation techniques (from seated to moving meditation). This course will be mainly practice based to prepare you for the homework of self practice.
Do I need anything for this course?
- If you have trouble sitting comfortably for long periods of time you may need some blankets, props or even if a chair.
- A mala for japa meditation is recommended.
- Comfortable clothing and environment.
- Journal to record your practice and journal your homework assignments.
- Begin to take notice of your surroundings, treat your meditation practice like a sacred ceremony - think of what helps you settle the mind and body, perhaps a hot beverage, burning of incense, a particular mala or item.